Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

15 November 2010

GIF Image 1x1 Pixels Error and Kaspersky

It's been a while, and I wasn't able to access my blogs statistics service, SiteMeter. Every time I go there, I receive the weirdest error message ever, "GIF Image 1x1 Pixels". I go the feeling that they quit business, or something.
Today, I was accessing the following link on Global Voices Online, and guess what, I got the same error message again.
I went googling, and it came out that both SiteMeter and GVO are innocent, it's Kaspersky that is messing out the web pages there.
So, in case you have Kaspersky Antivirus installed, go to the Anti-Spy settings, and either uncheck the "Enable Anti-Banner" altogether, or go to the Anti-Banner settings and add the sites you have problems with to the white-list there.

Tags: , ,

13 comments:

  1. Or uninstall it alltogether and get a free antivirus like Avira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehmmm, I'm not really a big fan of those free antiviruses softwares such as AVG, Avira, etc. They look like spywares to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As opposed to Tarek's blanket statement, I've had very good luck with Avast and also AVG. Not tried Avira yet but wouldn't mind to. By the way, I spend a lot of my time fixing computer messes others get themselves into so I have greedy reasons for recommending some of the free antiviruses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, for me Free and Closed Source are somehow mutually exclusive. I do not digest those free closed source stuff, especially when it comes to stuff like Antiviruses and Antispywares who claim to be doing black magic protecting your PC, and bug you with a message every five minutes claiming it has detected a new malware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can spend 5 minutes of your life to adjust your free antivirus to disable false positives instead of getting another antivirus which uses 30-55% of your processing power.

    Never judge something you didn't try mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disable false positive! Seems that you are talking about a totally different software dude, those guys live and breath false positive. Some products are shareware, while those ones are scareware

    ReplyDelete
  7. And some are processing-fucking-ware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot friend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got Kaspersky installed after hd crash & now get "GIF image 1x1 pixels" message for some sites. Looked elsewhere for suggestion & nothing helped. I found this post & I followed your suggestion to add site to Anti-Banner settings. Problem is fixed. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.. I wish I was as lucky as you, but I'm still getting the error even after I've tried to disable anti-banner. I restarted and still getting the same error. I tried adding the address to Kaspersky's anit-banner settings and still get the same error... Please help, I'm going crazy! I have tried AVG and a few others, but soo far like Kaspersky (except for this issue).

      Delete
    2. Any luck? I'm in the same boat.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete