Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

25 August 2005

The Island

Yesterday I went to see a movie called The Island. It's a sci-fi adventure, where Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson star as two childlike clones who escape from an underground prison where they are raised like cattle to provide organ donations. I can rate this move A- (or B+). What I liked more in it is the visial effects and how the Director (Michael Bay) used the contrast of colours in his scenes. Visually, the film looks extraordinary, with its massive, deep sets, use of almost monochrome colour.
Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I saw this movie and it was a nice movie.
    The actress was very beautiful and she was super star

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Scarlett Johansson rulezzzz !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Producers Walter Parkes and wife Laurie McDonald have admitted on their website that the acting duo - who play lovers in the sci-fi drama - gave less than a sparkling performance, saying: "Listen, those are the superstars of the future, not the superstars of the present."

    McDonald went further by writing of stunning Scarlett: "Even lesser television actresses, quite honestly, would have more connection to that audience."

    I think he must be kidding as Scarlett may be the main reason that I may enter this move again.

    ReplyDelete