Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

23 October 2005

Mia's Comments Authors List

Mia, Shaken Not Stirred had some cool feature in her blog. She is listing the names of those who have left comments at the bottom of each post. To do the same thing at your blog, go to the blog's template and edit the following section:
<p class="post-footer"> <em>posted by <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> at <a href="<$BlogItemPermalinkUrl$>" title="permanent link"><$BlogItemDateTime$></a> </em> <MainOrArchivePage><BlogItemCommentsEnabled> <a class="comment-link" href="<$BlogItemCommentCreate$>" <$BlogItemCommentFormOnclick$>> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments</a> </BlogItemCommentsEnabled></MainOrArchivePage> <$BlogItemControl$> </p>
To look like this
<p class="post-footer"> <em>posted by <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> at <a href="<$BlogItemPermalinkUrl$>" title="permanent link"><$BlogItemDateTime$></a> </em> <MainOrArchivePage><BlogItemCommentsEnabled> <a class="comment-link" href="<$BlogItemCommentCreate$>" <$BlogItemCommentFormOnclick$>> <$BlogItemCommentCount$> comments</a> from: <BlogItemComments><$BlogCommentAuthor$>, </BlogItemComments> </BlogItemCommentsEnabled></MainOrArchivePage> <$BlogItemControl$> </p>
Note: This is tested with blogspot.com (blogger.com) only, and I don't know whether the same hack can be done on other blog hosting sites or not. Also, for Manalaa.net readers, if the previous code is not shown well there, please click on the link to see the original post here . Tags: , , , ,

7 comments:

  1. i used it already!...thanx for the tip...BTW...we have a blog incommon...Technoogle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome ... but what do you mean by having a blog in common !?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh my name is up in blog! Thanks for posting it. I wish I could take credit for the code but the truth is I got it from somewhere last year. I wish I could remember where. Use it in good health people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mia, actually this code has nothing to do with the one you sent, I just tried to mimic your site by it. And what I wanted to thank you about, is the idea itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And this is what I was attempting to tell you : I can not take credit for the originality of the idea b/c it was someone else's and had been passed on to me. However I did appreciate you crediting me and wanted to clarify to you and your readers that the idea was not born from me.

    ReplyDelete