Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

14 January 2007

Hasheesh Detained

Dr. Essam Hasheesh, used to teach us Waves in college. He is one of those great doctors that we had there, and I used to like the exams he put, as he focused more on the concepts instead of the unimportant and exhausting details. Anyway, I knew today that he was arrested by the government, in a Muslim Brotherhood related crackdown.
The Brotherhood said that those arrested on Sunday included Mohamed Ali Bashar, a member of the Brotherhood's Guidance Office which acts as its executive, as well as Essam Hashish, an engineering professor at Cairo University.
Source: Reuters Alert Net
I know nothing about his political background, but definitely it is a sad news to me.

Tags: , ,