Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

03 December 2006

Ten Years Chatting

I think most of us started dealing with the Internet in the late nineties, and chatting was one of the main activities people used to do online. You sure remember those old days when we used to remember our ICQ UIN, and we used to share it with our friends, you were also able to search for people by age, sex, and location. Some of you tried stuff such as mIRC and PalTalk which I never liked. Later on, we started to move to MSN, Yahoo Messenger, Skype and Google Talk. It's been ten years since we started to chat with others online, ten years, may be more, and may be less, yet it's a long period. But during those ten years how many real friends did we make out of those keyboard-pals!?
For me, out of those people I knew online, the number of...
Good friends = 0
Just friends = 0
People I go out with rarely = 0
Even enemies = 0
I don't know about you, but it came out that chatting is a good way to communicate with your existing friends, especially those who are traveling, but it sucks when it comes to making new friends.

Tags: , , , , ,