Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

06 April 2006

Cats Flu

Cats have been known to become infected with the H5N1 virus and lab experiments show they can give it to other cats, although nobody knows whether they can transmit it to people or poultry, the researchers say in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature. In areas where H5N1 has been found in poultry or wild birds, cats should be kept away from infected birds or their droppings, and cats suspected of such contacts or showing symptoms of infection should be quarantined and tested. Source: Wired News Tags: , ,

1 comment:

  1. I already told my husband that when bird flu shows up around here, our tomcat, who is a mighty hunter, will not be able to go outside anymore. That's going to make the cat mad and sad but we can't risk having him bring bird flu home.

    ReplyDelete